Sunday, March 7, 2010

Breaking News!

Real time report

Sunday, March 7, 2010

We found it! Yes we did! In all of it's mouth-watering goodness and beauty! BEEF! Real honest-to-goodness BEEF! My dream come true :o) IndiJoe’s is the restaurant and sirloin steak with garlic sauce was the dish for me. It has been nearly 5 weeks since I have had one morsel of beef forchristsake! I was going through withdrawals and about to attack the next cow I saw on the street!

The plate came to the table spitting, popping and smoking (the meat was served on a scalding hot iron platter), I was actually afraid of it for a moment. Quite the production number for a plate of food. Its as if the gods were letting everyone know this was going to be a holy moment for me. I savored every single bite. I will sleep like a truck driver tonight :o) Thank you Ganesha!

And here is poor Rowan getting ready for the truck driver snoring to start :o)


The other REALLY BIG story from today:

India is about to pass the Women’s Reservation Bill, which will grant women a 33% (1/3) representation in the country's legislatures. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh supports the bill and it is expected to pass easily after tomorrow's vote (interesting that the US congress only has 16% of its seats held by women). Tomorrow is also National Women’s Day here in India.

Not sure when Rowan is going to wake up..........


2 comments:

  1. There was an article in today's paper about some festival of sorts going on over there - something about COLOR ??? The picture was of a large group of festival participants that had like chalky powder of all colors being thrown around and painting up each other. Looked cool ... did yoy see it or hear about it? (Tim)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color festival is called 'Holi'. That was all happening last Monday when we were traveling back from Kerala. I will do a little blog on that later. J

    ReplyDelete