Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Confessions of a Foodie

Most of you must think how lucky we are to have the opportunity to create and eat all of this fabulous food. I have to tell you that I would never have dreamed I would have an opportunity like this, especially in a country like India, where we have friends who are taking the time to expose us to and teach us about their food and culture. Just an invaluable experience that we appreciate so much.

We have never eaten so many chilis and so much spicy food in our lives. So much curry (YUM!). After being here a full week now, I confess that I am starting to crave some American comfort food. It really hit me when we passed that herd of cows on the street the other day and all I could see was sirloin steaks and hamburgers! I did pick up some frozen ground beef I found at the Q market (burgers are in our near future), as well as a can of tuna fish and some Hellmann’s mayo (Yes, they actually had the real stuff!). I devoured a tuna sandwich for lunch yesterday and had a PBJ sandwich for breakfast this morning. Thank goodness we have found the American grocery for when we need that ordinary food experience. Hopefully, this will help prevent the 'ring sting' I know is coming our way.

So far, so good :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment